Read The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life by Martha N. Beck Free Online
Book Title: The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life|
The author of the book: Martha N. Beck
Date of issue: May 6th 2003
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 921 KB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1094 times
Reader ratings: 4.4
ISBN 13: 9780609609903
Read full description of the books:
Welcome to The Joy Diet, a menu of ten behaviors you can add to your way of living and thinking to enhance every day's journey through the unpredictable terrain of your existence. You can add these behaviors gradually and watch your life become steadily more vivid and satisfying. Or you can go on a "crash Joy Diet" to help you navigate life's emergencies.
The ten menu items are:
- Nothing: Do nothing for fifteen minutes a day. Stop mindlessly chasing goals and figure out which goals are worth going after.
- Truth: Create a moment of truth to help you unmask what you're hiding--from others and from yourself.
- Desire: Identify, articulate, and explore at least one of your heart's desires--and learn how to let yourself want what you want.
- Creativity: Learn six new ways to develop at least one new idea to help you obtain your heart's desire.
- Risk: Take one baby step toward reaching your goal. The only rule is it has to scare the pants off you.
- Treats: Give yourself a treat for every risk you take and two treats just because you're you. No exceptions. No excuses.
- Play: Take a moment to remember your real life's work and differentiate it from the games you play to achieve it. Then play wholeheartedly.
- Laughter: Laugh at least thirty times a day. Props encouraged.
- Connection: Use your Joy Diet skills to interact with someone who matters to you.
- Feasting: Enjoy at least three square feasts a day, with or without food.
No matter what your long-term goals are, The Joy Diet, written with Martha Beck's inimitable blend of
wisdom, practical guidance, and humor, will help you achieve the immediate gift of joyful living in the here
and now. Begin your journey today.
Download The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life ERUB
Download The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life DOC
Download The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life TXT
Read information about the authorI grew up wanting to be an ecologist or a professor. However, after bearing three children while acquiring three Harvard degrees, I decided I’d rather just lie down for a few decades. During that time I became an author and life coach. My books include Expecting Adam, Leaving the Saints, Finding Your Own North Star, The Joy Diet, Steering By Starlight, Finding Your Way in Wild New World, and The Martha Beck Collection: Essays for Creating Your Right Life, Volume 1. My most recent book, Diana, Herself: An Allegory of Awakening, is part of a new trilogy I'm calling The Bewilderment Chronicles and it will be released in the spring of 2016. I’ve been a columnist for O, The Oprah Magazine since its inception in 2001.
As president of my company, Martha Beck, Inc., I continue to speak around the world, as well as offer virtual teleclasses and in-person workshops a few times a year, primarily at my ranch on the Central Coast of California, where I live with my partner, Karen, and my son, Adam. I also train life coaches worldwide with my life coach training program.
When not covering myself in bird seed and sitting outside in nature, I am painting or writing book 2 of The Bewilderment Chronicles.
Reviews of the The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life
Add a comment
Download EBOOK The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life by Martha N. Beck Online free